As a Geo-Information Analyst you will offer leadership, expert technical advice and implementation skills to the regions, upstream projects
Geo-Information Analyst (PhD) | Part of the Shell Graduate Programme
The Geoscience organization is part of Projects & Technology Development and consists of six groups: Geophysics, Quantitative Subsurface Evaluation (QSE), Fluids & Basins, Structural Geology & Reservoir Characterization and Geomatics. These groups have some 440 staff located in 12 countries providing specialist integrated subsurface support to all Upstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies businesses. Key capabilities in the department amongst others include seismic acquisition & processing, quantitative interpretation, pore pressure prediction, geomechanics, geohazards identification, geomatics, basin modeling, geochemistry, biostratigraphy, sedimentary petrology, fluid sampling, reservoir characterisation and structural geology expertise.
The Geoscience organization is a highly dynamic team which provides critical HSSE support to the drilling of exploration and appraisal wells, manages seismic & geomatics operations, supports the new venture identification teams in exploration, underpins development concept select input and supports Well, Reservoir and Facility Management.
The Shell Graduate Programme: a world of opportunities!
There has never been a more exciting time to work in the energy industry. Starting your career in Shell, you’ll have a part to play in uniquely innovative projects which will provide unbeatable experience.
As a graduate within the Technical area of the Shell Graduate Programme you can expect an industry-leading two to three-year learning programme, offering real responsibilities, challenges and continued professional development. It’s a great introduction to the exciting world of Engineering/R&D and a chance for you to gain insights into some of Shell’s most pioneering projects and operations. You'll benefit from formal training and continuous coaching will shape you into an accomplished professional.
As part of Shell’s global network of professionals, you'll have the chance to work alongside some of the industry’s leading visionaries and work with cutting-edge technologies.
Geo-Information Analyst: the role
As a Geo-Information Analyst you will offer leadership, expert technical advice and implementation skills to the regions, upstream projects (New Business Development and Exploration) and Front End Studies projects.
- Provide leadership and expert geodetic advice to project teams consisting of Reservoir Engineering and Geomechanics. The role will also include key technical input and guidance to external organizations to ensure geodetic standards are maintained and adequately represented across the E&P industry.
- Develop and maintain Geo-Information services for existing and new customers
- Provide advice and guidance to project teams to ensure optimum Geo-Information project support
- Provide hands-on Geo-Information project execution support where required.
- To drive fit for purpose implementation of new technology, data delivery and services in line with the GeoInformation strategy
- To ensure customer requirements are met and customer risks are managed, with special emphasis on GeoInformation integrity, and ensuring that Shell realises the full potential and value of its Geo- Information.
- To lead technical assurance in Geo-Information management via owning and improving standards and alignment of workflows.
Operational support may also be required for the survey operations group.
Who are we looking for
Ambitious graduate (0-3 yrs work experience) pursuing or holding a PhD degree in Geodesy/Geomatics/Geomatics Surveying/Remote Sensing/Subsurface Data Management or related science.
- Ability to listen and query to understand customer problems and identify opportunities to fit geomatics services to address these problems
- Strong practical understanding of coordinate reference systems
- Preferably experience in deformation monitoring
- Thorough understanding of hypothesis testing
- Preferably skilled in providing situational awareness to project teams and in organising the data to support projects, corporate and global data
- Must demonstrate a pro-active attitude to problem solving and have good communication capabilities.
- Good perspective on the links and interaction required with other Disciplines.
- Capacity to handle several tasks at once and prioritise accordingly.
- Driven to deliver fit for purpose technical solutions
- Demonstrable awareness of and commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
Ability to gain a good understanding of exploration, development and engineering work across the E&P lifecycle.
Helping you prepare
We want you to be at your best when completing the assessments, so here are some top tips and some additional background information that may help you. Ace your application prep by reviewing our application tips.
Ready to apply?
Ready to start you journey of discovery with one of the world’s most innovative businesses? Click on the 'Apply' button to start your application. When applying choose Geosciences as you preferred area of interest when being asked for.
Solliciteer op deze functie